Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birds on boxes in West Auckland


Bill and Barbara Ellis submitted the above image yesterday, taken "somewhere in Henderson". Thanks folks!

Much more colourful than these ...


This set of power boxes are on Henderson Valley Road, between Great North Road and the entry to the train station. Very hot day last Sunday, I was in the midst of a trudge down from Sturges Road to the  interchange to get a bus home, when I spotted them. This sort of thing is fairly well down to force of habit. No matrer how hot, bothered and knackered I was, I had to spot, fish for the camera, and take shots for the blog. Then headed around the corner, up the stairs (puff, puff), across the walkway, down the escalator, and my bus was virtually waiting there. The birds may have brought me luck.







No comments:

Post a Comment