Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy birthday, Timespanner


This time last year, I was tinkering around in the Blogger site, after having had an odd dream about ordering a blog from a post office of all things (!), and Timespanner was born. Kicked off initially because I wanted a better online description of The Zoo War than was provided in library catalogues, it soon became an integral part of what I like and feel compelled to do, more often than not -- find out why things are the way they are, who people were, and generally explore through time.

Thank you to regular readers of this blog, and to those who've stumbled across it from out of the Internet wildernesses, found something here of help for their own nresearch, and were kind enough to add to the storehouse here as well.

And thanks especially to Liz, who assured me for months before 20 September 2008 that blogging was fun. As I'm not particularly into keeping diaries myself, and that's what blogs seemed to me to be, nor did I think I was a long-term spouter of opinion, I doubted I'd ever be doing this. I'm glad, very much so, that I was wrong.

Cheers, all.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Timespanner, with many more to follow, we trust. Congratulations on a wonderful blog Lisa ~ we tune in at least once a day to see what's new, and you never disappoint!

    GailE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, Gail. You're a true friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy first Birthday, looking forward to plenty more!

    ReplyDelete