Wednesday, January 28, 2009

They Trained Beside the River

Fourth of my publications since 2007 that I've just had printed is They Trained Beside the River, about the military camps on Avondale Racecourse from 1912 to 1916. This is a compiled trilogy of essays first written (and previously published) from 2002-2008. All three of the essays are to be found on Scribd (and I've posted about them here on Timespanner) -- this compilation will mainly go to libraries for reference, I'd say.

I'm working on number five at the moment, about the Auckland City Drill Halls from 1864 to 1968. Working title at the moment is Marching Feet and Beating Drums. Just pulling together a compilation of info from news articles and other sources -- that may be finished next month or March, depending on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment